Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Little Shrug

Dear Child;

I was concerned for you. I really was. I thought you would be cold on your big day (flower girl). So I cast on this little shrug RIGHT AWAY for you. I pillaged some cotton yarn from a blanket I had been making (yawn, I despise knitting blankets, so maybe you did me a favour there). I fervently knit this shrug with a deadline only 7 days away. I knit this on the subway. I knit this during my girls’ cottage weekend with a hangover as my friends stared peculiarly at me while sipping on their caesars (one day you will fully appreciate this feat). I knit and knit and made it just in time. I washed and blocked this shrug…I stretched the armholes that I feared I knit too small. I dried it on top of the warm dryer to speed up the process. I packed it in our suitcase filled with flower girl paraphernalia. The big day came and went. You were a true princess from head to toe. And it was warm. You didn’t need this silly little shrug. But, Dearest Child, after all this fret filled knitting, can you please, please just put this wretched shrug on for 2.3 seconds so I can take a picture??


Signed,


Your shrug hating mother.



Pattern:    Mon Petit Shrug by Jessica Rode Salonen Craft
Needle: US 3 / 3.25 mm
Yarn: Bernat Organic Cotton
How much? 1.5 skeins = 120.0 yards (109.7m)

No comments:

Post a Comment